Friday, November 28, 2014

Bubba's Mickey Mouse Headboard

The 3 year old ruler of our household LOVEs Mickey Mouse.
So when his majesty wanted a Mickey headboard I had to come up with something.
So here's what I created.

Bubba (nickname) has a good sturdy leather headboard and I didn't 
really want to just get rid of it.


I purchased 2 Mickey Mouse large bath towels at Walmart.
Sewed them together to make a my center frame.
I figured the towels would be withstand more punishment from a little
boy than a regular piece of thin fabric.



Then I needed a way to attach my fabric to the existing headboard
without destroying it.  So I went to Joann's and picked up
6 feet of 2 inch black stretch binding.

I attached the black binding to the sides of the towels.
Then I turned the towels wrong side outward and sewed them together 
leaving the bottom open.  Since they were towels the bottoms
were already hemmed so this was just super easy.
Once I had tried the new cover on the headboard for sizing I mitered 
the top corners and sewed them in place for a good snug fit,

I created the perfect fitted headboard cover.  It's easily removed for laundering and
when King Bubba wants something different I can easily change it.








4 comments:

  1. What a CLEVER solution! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute and creative my talented friend xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Bubba is happy to go to bed at night. Your headboard redo is lovely. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angel, this is Louise stopping by, the mickey and friends head board idea is pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete